Diagnostic imaging is fundamental to make a diagnosis. The exams we carry out in and out of our clinic are the following:
- Ortho-panoramic radiograph for kids and adults
- Latero-lateral and antero-posterior teleradiography of the head with a skull fixation mask
- stratigraphy of the temporomandibular joint with the mouth open and closed
- cone beam of the facial bones of the temporomandibular joints, and the alveolar process
- MRI of the temporomandibular joints
- Dynamic ultrasoundof the temporomandibular joints; video fluoroscopy of the swallowing.
Normally, the so-called dental panoramic x-ray alone is enough to get an overview of mouth and teeth, to examine the structures on which and with which the chewing organ functions that can cause faulty important functional habits.